Thursday, July 16, 2009

Birthday

So my twenty-third birthday has come and gone. It was an excellent one. Harry Potter came out, as it seems, just for my birthday (haha), but really I've always had good luck with that. I remember on my 14th birthday the 4th HP book came out and Harry and I turned 14 at the same time. However, I didn't end up seeing Harry at midnight like I had originally planned. Instead I headed into the city and met up with Rachel and Rob. We had a drink at Rob's, and then ventured out into South Philly, where we went to dinner at a place called the Tap Room, which had an excellent beer selection (I had a phenomenal Pear Cider), and a delicious menu. We then headed to Lucky 13, and later to a little bar called Grumpy's Tavern, where we enlightened the wonderful crowd of fellow drinkers by singing a delightful rendition of "My Girl" on Karaoke.

It was a fantastic night (sans the 8 or so times I vomited - I lost count after a while), with fantastic friends (who were sweethearts and held my hair). Honestly, it was one of my favorite birthdays to date.

And then yesterday was Harry Potter with Danielle, Kayt, Momma Jess, and G-Unit (aka Grandma). And let me just say that it was well worth the wait, and definitely my favorite Harry Potter movie so far. It was funny, and scary, and just fantastic. Even though they didn't add my favorite scene (when Griffindor wins the Quidditch match and Harry runs up to Ginny and kisses her in front of the whole common room for the first time <3 <3 so cute) , and even though they added some random Christmas scene that was a little awkward, the movie was phenomenal and made me so happy. I can't wait to see it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment