Thursday, February 5, 2009

Broken Glass

I have a piece of glass stuck in my finger.  It's been in there for a few weeks, just a little little piece in my pointer finger on my right hand.  It's a little red dot, and it doesn't hurt unless I touch it.  I did some research on if this will kill me or not, and I found out that it will not, but I still want to get it out anyway, because it's kinda uncomfortable.

So I looked up methods on how to remove it.  There were three, and I tried one of them.  The first one (the one I tried) was to soak my finger in warm water for a few minutes, then use my fingers to squeeze my other finger until the piece of glass emerged a little, and then pull it out with a tweezer.  In my cold house, the warm water felt good on my finger (lol), but it didn't remove the glass. I just made this little, needle thin hole in my skin. Weird.

The second method is to slice my skin open with a knife where I believe the glass is, and pull it out that way.  What the hell kind of crazy person would do that?  I don't think I have the balls to cut my own finger open. 

The third method is to go the the doctor and have him remove it.  Maybe one of these days I'll actually get around to going to my General Practitioner for a check up, but I'm not going to make a special trip just for this one little piece of glass. I'm pretty sure that my insurance doesn't cover glass shards in my finger.

I have a test today and I have to take the train an hour earlier then usual because apparently they're running late once they get toward the city.  Bull shit.  I'm so tired of SEPTA screwing us all over. My regular train gets me there in perfect time, but now I'm going to be there an hour early, just sitting there.  It's kinda crappy.

And you know something else that is annoying?  Temple University never ever cancels class for snow, which is okay in situations like yesterday when the snow wasn't really a huge deal, but then they don't even shovel or plow.  Broad street is plowed because it's Broad Street, but they leave a huge snow pile in the middle of the road, so that when you're crossing, you have to climb over it.  And yesterday I almost died. I was going to Anderson Hall to warm up, because I missed the train and had to wait 40 minutes or so, and as I was walking up the unshoveled ramp into the building, a girl skidded down on an icy patch and almost knocked me over. How did they just not shovel the ramp of the busiest building on campus? It's ridiculous.

Wish me luck on my test today.  I'll have plenty of time on the train and when I get to school to cram for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment