Friday, January 16, 2009

And so starts my first actual blog that doesn't pose as another type of website.  Unless you count livejournal.  Does that count?

I'm going to pick up where I left off on my myspace blog.... I don't exactly know where that was.  I haven't written in it in quite some time.  I wrote a post in the first few days of 2009 that was Aurora's best of 2008, and it covered music but nothing else.  I haven't finished every section of it yet, and maybe one day I will and I'll actually post it, but until then I'll just post my top 8 albums of 2008, which is all people really care about anyway, right?

1. Fast Times at Barrington High - The Academy Is...
2. The Glass Passenger - Jack's Mannequin
3. Raise the Dead - Phantom Planet
4. Pretty. Odd. - Panic at the Disco (although sometimes depending on my mood, this becomes number 3)
5. Sweat It Out - The Pink Spiders

Honorable mention goes to Ivy League for This Is Ivy League and The Hush Sound for Goodbye Blues.

I give serious props to Greta of The Hush Sound for taking vocal lessons or whatever it was that she did to change her voice from the sweet little girl voice, to the amazing, womanly voice that we hear in songs such as Honey and Medicine Man: 



1 comment:

  1. i watched the video and i agree, it's a good song, and she's singing better now. but like half way through the song i stopped it, because i figured i wasn't missing anything because she just kept saying the same thing over and over again. they have improved though!

    ReplyDelete