Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The MLMs Show


Last night I headed into the city to meet up with my friends from school.  The plan was to head out to Dr. Watson's Pub on 11th street to see The MLMs show.  I met up with Rachel a little early and we caught up.  She told me all about her internship and her trip to Israel, and I told her everything that's going on in my life.  A little later, Devon came over and we had fun taking a whole bunch of random pictures.

Then we finally headed out to the pub.  When we got there, after circling the block 15 times trying to find good parking, we decided to leave our coats in the car and be those girls.  You know those girls.  The ones we always make fun of for walking around in winter with no coats on. But we really didn't want to carry them around with us all night. Unfortunately when we had just about reached the bar, Devon realized she had locked her keys in the car, which is not fun when you're not wearing a coat. We went inside and she called her brother and asked him to drive into the city and bring her spare key, which he did and that was really nice.  When Devon got off the phone with her brother, Vanessa called us and said she was just leaving work and was on her way on her bike, so we waited for her before we went upstairs.

The MLMs were great.  I always think it's admirable when a band is just as good live as on their CD.  
After the show, we hung around for a while longer at the bar, and then we headed out into the snow without our coats.  We decided to get pizza at this place on 3rd and South, and Vanessa rode her bike there while we drove and she beat us because Devon kept driving around in circles, and none of the roads were going the ways that we wanted them to go.  After pizza, we parted and I stayed over Rachel's house.

Of course, the snow got worse over the night and eventually turned into this snow/freezing rain gross mix.  When I woke up today I had to make it to Market East Station on 12th and Market from Rachel's place on 4th and South.  Rachel was going the same direction to get to her internship, but let me just say, it was not pleasant.  The dirty disgusting city snow was sloshing around in my shoes about 1 1/2 blocks into the journey.  Not fun.

Pictures are up on facebook and will soon be on myspace.

No comments:

Post a Comment