Saturday, January 17, 2009

I think I'm going to go blog-happy from now on and post all the time because I have false delusions that anyone else even gives a crap.

Work should be fun today because not only do I have internet this weekend (YAY!!!!!), but Jody is the Administrator on Duty, and Jody is one of my best work friends, so we're going to have a grand time. You see, in a nursing home the weekends are much different then during the week. During the week, upper management is here (CEO, COO, and CFO) and department heads are here, that's like Director of Dietary, Director of Nursing, Director of Physical Therapy, Building Services Manager, Director of Therapeutic Recreation, etc. During the weekend there is the Nursing Supervisor, the Administrator on Duty (which rotates every weekend through the different department heads), and me: the receptionist. I don't think anyone ever meant for me to be partially in charge of the building, but they don't realize that for the following reasons, I often have more responsibility then the AOD, because I am the first and last person people see upon entering/exiting the facility, and many of the people know me well, so they feel comfortable coming to me with their complaints, criticisms, and problems. Which of course means that I have the responsibility of solving their problems or relaying their complaints.

But ANYWAY, Jody is AOD which means that it's more relaxed, and it makes work seem more akin to hanging out with a friend, and my other friend Christine is covering Therapeutic Recreation, and is supplying me with her people magazine to read in my spare time.

Tonight I'm house sitting for my grandma, which is such a sweet deal because she tells me to turn the heat up as much as I want, as opposed to my house, where the heat is strictly set to 65 degrees. She also tells me to eat anything in her freezer or fridge which is awesome because she has some great food to choose from. AND she has cable, which may not seem like a big deal, but I don't have cable, so it's a big deal for me. I love house sitting for her. The funny thing is that she always tried to pay me for it too, and not like a little stipend, but obscene amounts, like $100 for one or two nights. She leaves the money hidden somewhere in her house and tells me it's "emergency money", and then yells at me if I don't take it. I never take it, or I'll take like $10 of it because it makes her happy, but really I feel like theres already so many perks to staying there. In fact, having the house to myself is reason enough. At home, I share a room with my sister, but at my grandma's house, I have my own room with my own dresser and desk, and some extra clothes and toiletries. It's like going on vacation, which probably sounds lame, but I don't really care.

4 comments:

  1. I'm here at home. By myself. I was actually really sad when mom left, but I've decided to catch up on some reading when no one is around. But I'm posting a comment to tell you that I'm turning up the heat because it's too cold to be sitting in a 60 degree house. That's what mom had the temperature up to this morning and she claimed she was comfortable. Have fun at g-ma's!

    -Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you turned up the heat. I turned up g-units heat to 75 degrees, and then kept it at 68 degrees when I was sleeping. And I ate quiche for dinner. Overall, a pretty good night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, i turned up the heat to 67 while i was conscience and then i went to bed and forgot to turn the heat down, so then i went down at like 3 in the morning at turned it down to 60, but i was really hot and milo wasn't helping. i ordered pizza for dinner, but this morning i made myself eggo waffles and sausage. i have a really bad headache this morning though =\

    ReplyDelete
  4. If people didn't know that Milo was our cat, they would think that you were having a very steamy night. your breakfast is making me hungry. I'm starving but it's hot dog day at work, and I love hot dog day, so I'm saving my appetite for my two hot dogs and freedom fries (so healthy).

    That sucks about your headache.

    ReplyDelete